Wednesday, June 3, 2009

By Popular Demand


In 2003 I caught a glimpse of Jason Statham in the Italian Job as Handsome Rob. He was a good looking man, he fit the part, and he played the role well. But as soon as the movie ended he was out of sight and out of mind. I do admit my focus was on Wahlberg, but really that's no excuse.
After the debut of Transporter 1 & 2 I chastized myself endlessly. How could I overlook such an amazing human specimen crafted in the image of all that was so good (and so bad). How could I not see the fully developed biceps of a gym junkie, the perfectly sculpted chest of an Olympic Diver (he finished 12th in the World Championships in 1992), the face of a fashion model, the accent that sent a warm rush through the body, and the eyes that made every woman in the world breathe just a little quicker, wonder just a little longer, and smile a whole lot wider.
After his full out performances in Crank and Death Race, Statham secured himself as the ultimate man's man and infiltrated the thoughts of women everywhere (and yeah, Im talking about "those" kind of thoughts). His rough and tough persona dared us to want him, to think we could handle him. Im still not certain about the handling part, but Im sure as hell willing to give it my best shot.

1 comment:

  1. My heart beats a little faster just thinking of him. I'm not drooling, am I?

    ReplyDelete